Open hockey day at Priory School
- Credit: Archant
Weston Hockey Club is holding a Back2Hockey day at Priory School.
Weston Hockey Club’s Back2Hockey day takes place on Saturday at Priory School.
The club currently has two ladies’ and men’s teams as well as a rapidly expanding youth section, has seen a phenomenal response to the GB ladies’ winning gold in Rio.
The club’s new vice chair Sam Neate, said: “It’s really taken us by surprise and given us a bit of a headache, but one we’re glad to have. The numbers of ladies, men and children who have been getting in touch with us and asking to play hockey, either for the first time or for the first time in 20 years has been amazing.
“We’re hoping to put on a fun day for everyone who comes along and convince them that the modern day game of hockey really is the best sport to play and watch.”
You may also want to watch:
The Back2Hockey day is open to any player aged from 13 years upwards, who has been inspired by the likes of England and GB player Helen Richardson Walsh, who went to school in Weston and whose parents still live nearby in Winscombe.
The session will run between 2-4pm and participants are encouraged to wear gym/running wear, bring a bottle of water and a sense of adventure. Shin pads and a stick if you have them, but don’t worry if not there will be some available to borrow on the day.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
If you want to discuss any aspects of hockey with the club or have questions about the Back2Hockey day, please call Sarah Morrison on 07709 431476 or Sam Neate on 07491 116986.
The club can also be contacted on social media via their Facebook WSMHC page or on twitter @WSMHockeyClub.