Open match at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
Andy France has won the latest open match held at Shiplate Farm Fisheries near Bleadon.
AN open match was held jointly on the Westpool and Hawthorns lakes at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
With glorious winter sunshine throughout the match, it highlighted the venue’s scenic setting and gave the anglers a pleasurable match, rather than the recent wet ones they had endured.
A light ground frost and a lot of rain water from the previous night meant the fish were going to be picky feeders. The fish were spread out along the canals and everyone caught something, but Andy France caught the winning bag of 44lb 7oz, fishing the pole shallow to the far bank, using maggot with zero feed.
Silvers winners were Julian Pinkett (peg 1 Hawthorns) with 5lb and John Hawkins (peg 12 Westpool) 4lb 12oz.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Andy France (Cadbury Angling) p10 W, 44lb 7oz; Dave Cockayne (Shiplate) p9 H, 29lb 12oz; Ron Starke (Weston AA) p5 H, 19lb 10oz; Gordon Jones (Shiplate) p3 W, 18lb; Jason Bird (Frys) p3 H, 14lb 14oz; Russ Peck (Thatchers) p11 H, 9lb 3oz.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course