Open match at Shiplate
- Credit: Archant
Andy France won the latest open match held at Shiplate Farm in Bleadon.
THE open match on the Westpool at Shiplate Farm, produced some good bags, despite the thundery air and outbursts of some heavy showers.
Andy France (Cadbury Angling) fished the pole shallow, using meat for bait, feeding 6mm pellet at 16m to bag up 122lb 10oz from peg 11 to win the match.
Second was Simon Ryall (peg 5), 112lb 6oz, followed by Gordon Jones (Shiplate) (peg 15), 78lb 4oz. Silvers went to Steve Howell (peg 13), 19lb 4oz.
Bristol Post Office held a match on Hawthorns with Ritchie Hawkins taking the top place with 70lb 4oz from peg nine.
You may also want to watch:
Glenfall AC’s match on the Main Lake was won by Andy Lord on peg two, with 117lb 1oz.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences