Open match at Shiplate Farm
- Credit: Archant
An open match held at Shiplate Farm Fisheries was won by Lewis Jones.
AN open match on the Main Lake at Shiplate Farm, near Bleadon, felt like the beginning of summer at last.
Basking in glorious sunshine and almost no breeze, the 13 anglers dotted around the lake had no trouble finding the fish and three anglers had 99lb plus in their nets at the end.
Lewis Jones on peg 10, fished the pole at 17m to the island, using 8m pellet for bait, while feeding 6m to romp home with 135lb 9oz.
Results: Lewis Jones (p10), 135lb 9oz; Steve Howell (p1), 120lb 2oz; Tich Williams (p7), 99lb 8oz. Silvers went to Julian Pinkett (p11),16lb 2oz.
You may also want to watch:
Ridgeway AC from Bristol held a match on the Hawthorns.
Results: Phil Groves (p6, 87lb 9oz; Paul Staite (p15), 65lb 13oz; Mike Staite (p13), 65lb. Silvers went to Don Searle (p9), 7lb 1oz.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences