Open match at Shiplate Farm
- Credit: Archant
An open match held at Shiplate Farm Fisheries was won by Alan Healey.
AN OPEN match on the Main Lake at Shiplate Farm Fisheries saw 22 anglers compete for first place.
Glorious sunshine and very little breeze made the day a pleasure to be out in, but the lack of cloud and an overnight chill did little to get the fish on the feed.
It was never going to be an easy match, but the luck of the draw and knowledge of the venue were the two things a lot of anglers were relying on.
Alan Healey alternated between the pole and the tip to take the match prize.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Alan Healey (p1), 106lb 6oz; Tim Lewis (p15), 89lb 15oz; Steve Howell (p11), 23lb 1oz. Silvers went to Ritchie Hawkins (p13a), 15lb 8oz and Ron Stark (p5), 14lb 10oz.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences