Open match held at Shiplate
An open match was held at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
AN open match with nine anglers was held on the Westpool at Shiplate Farm in beautiful sunshine on the first day of British summertime.
With warmer weather, the fish have begun to feed more freely and it was anybody’s guess which pegs they would favour.
Steve Howell drew peg 15 and fished the pole at 14m to the far bank, using meat for Results: Steve Howell (Shiplate) p15, 74lb 8oz; Andy France (Cadbury Angling) p6, 59lb; John Hawkins (Bristol PO) p10, 31lb 4oz. Silvers went to Roy Ede, (WAA) p7, 6lb 12oz.
Clevedon held a match on the Main Lake with 15 anglers.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Lewis Jones (p10), 63lb 14oz; Rob Fogg (p1), 55lb 15oz; Kev Perry (p13), 53lb 14oz; Paul Chapman (p15), 47lb 13oz. Silvers went to Mike Owen p14, 32lb 10oz.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival