Open match held at Shiplate
An open match was held at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
AN open match with nine anglers was held on the Westpool at Shiplate Farm in beautiful sunshine on the first day of British summertime.
With warmer weather, the fish have begun to feed more freely and it was anybody’s guess which pegs they would favour.
Steve Howell drew peg 15 and fished the pole at 14m to the far bank, using meat for Results: Steve Howell (Shiplate) p15, 74lb 8oz; Andy France (Cadbury Angling) p6, 59lb; John Hawkins (Bristol PO) p10, 31lb 4oz. Silvers went to Roy Ede, (WAA) p7, 6lb 12oz.
Clevedon held a match on the Main Lake with 15 anglers.
You may also want to watch:
Results: Lewis Jones (p10), 63lb 14oz; Rob Fogg (p1), 55lb 15oz; Kev Perry (p13), 53lb 14oz; Paul Chapman (p15), 47lb 13oz. Silvers went to Mike Owen p14, 32lb 10oz.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released