Open match success for Simon
- Credit: Archant
Simon Ryall won the latest open match held at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
BLUSTERY winds with sharp showers set the conditions of the open match on the Main Lake at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
The 17 anglers settled in for a competitive six-hour match with the westerly winds getting stronger, but the showers dying out.
Simon Ryall on peg 14b just got ahead of Andy France on peg 14 to take the match with 136lb 14oz. Simon fished the pole at 12m, using 8mm pellet as bait and feeding 6/8mm pellet.
Results: Simon Ryall (p14b), 136lb 14oz; Andy France (p14), 122lb 4oz; John Hawkins (p11), 84lb.
You may also want to watch:
Silvers went to Paul Chapman (p13a), 20lb 8oz and Lewis Jones (p10), 15lb.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 6 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 9 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 10 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression