Open matches held at Shiplate
Two open matches were held at Shiplate Farm Fisheries, one on the Main Lake and the other on the Hawthorns.
An open match on the Main Lake at Shiplate Farm Fisheries, saw the under-rated peg 9a take the top bag weight for the match.
Phil Deakin fished peg 9a in the pleasantly warm weather to weigh in 81lb. He was closely followed by Derek Pollard on peg 15, with 74lb 6oz. Third was Ritchie Hawkins (peg 10), 51lb 14oz, followed by Alan Healey (peg 6a), 45lb 13oz.
Silvers went to Gordon Jones (peg 8), 19lb 2oz and Ron Stark (peg 4), 17lb 12oz.
The followed day, another open match was held on the Hawthorns, with 11 anglers competing for the heaviest bag weight.
You may also want to watch:
Ritchie Hawkins fished shallow from peg 7 using paste to bag up 89lb 2oz. With the difference of possibly just one fish’s weight between them, Lewis Jones produced a total bag weight of 86lb 2oz from peg six to come second. Julian Pinkett came third with 75lb 4oz (peg 1). Silvers went to Dom Sullivan (peg 11), 11lb 1oz.
- 1 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud