Open sea angling match at Burnham beach
- Credit: Archant
Weston Outcasts is holding an open match on Burnham beach on Sunday.
WITH the summer holidays over, there is now time to concentrate on sea fishing, with plenty of well organised matches up and down the channel.
There are plenty of thornback ray, early cod, sole, whiting, flounder, conger eel, bass and other species for everyone to enjoy, right on your doorstep.
One match not to miss is Weston Outcasts’ open on Sunday. Fishing is in three zones on Burnham beach with cash prizes totalling £1,350, including a fabulous raffle table.
All ages welcome, book in at the Bay View Cafe from 6-7.45am, fishing from 10am-3pm. All zones are roving and not pegged. Also the prize for the heaviest flatfish is £100.
You may also want to watch:
Please support the Outcasts in making this event a yearly gathering. You can get a full breakfast and gave some fun times with friends. Using one rod and three hooks, you have every chance on this beach. Even Lucy de-Bruin at seven-years-old (pictured) can catch fish that could win.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences