Opening league victory for Weston
Weston started the new Somerset Super Darts League season with a home victory over Wells.
Weston kicked off their Somerset Super Darts League season at home against Wells in the premier division.
With a depleted side due to holidays, Weston kicked off with Luke Clegg winning 4-0 and Rich Harris (20.37) going all the way 4-3. Gary Deakin (22.61) followed this up with a steady 4-1 win and Ryan Camp put the home side in a dominant position, turning in a superb game by hitting two 180s and averaging 27.02.
Weston let Wells back into the game, but continued to take important legs keeping them ahead.
On board two, Ian Cope (23.95) put in his usual consistent display winning 4-2, but again Weston lost a few. Mike Norton ended Wells’ winning streak with back-to-back 180s, winning 4-1 with a 26.78 average.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts went into the pairs 36-32 up, before Wells took the first game on board one and board two reducing the lead to two. The visitors won the next game, but Weston countered with Luke Clegg/Ryan Camp winning 2-1. Weston lost the last game on board one, but were still leading 42-41 and this was finished off by Dave Baker/Rich Harris taking a narrow 2-0 victory.
Weston won 44-41 with the Curry Garden man of the match going to Ryan Camp. 180s were hit by Norton, Camp, Baker, Paul Tyler and Ben Lewis.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 3 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 8 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 9 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 10 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
The next game is on November 12 at home to Bridgwater.