Paul wins at Shiplate
Paul Chapman finished top in the latest match held at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
WITH a mainly dry day and a light winds, conditions were chilly but quite favourable for the Fry’s match on the two side lakes, Hawthorns and Westpool (30 pegs) at Shiplate Farm Fisheries.
Good bags of carp were steady and silvers were also feeding, maggot being the favoured bait by most anglers. The matches were close on both lakes with only a few pounds difference in the top places of each lake.
Paul Chapman fished maggot down the track and to the far bank to win the match on the Westpool, just beating Pete Sivell, who took second place.
Dave Evans just managed to pull ahead of Merv Sivell to take the first place on the Hawthorns.
You may also want to watch:
Results – Westpool: Paul Chapman (peg 5), 77lb 9oz; Pete Sivell (peg 7), 72lb 2oz; Andy Curry (peg 11), 66lb 5oz. Silvers Alan Jones (peg 3), 3lb 8oz.
Hawthorns: Dave Evans (peg 7), 50lb 3oz; Merv Sivell (peg 11), 48lb 9oz; J Macy (peg 5), 37lb 6oz. Silvers: J Macy, 10lb 14oz.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 8 New leadership team for charity
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston