SNOOKER - ROVERS' whitewash of Peelers enabled them to close the gap at the top of the Wrington Vale Snooker League to seven points.
ROVERS' whitewash of Peelers enabled them to close the gap at the top of the Wrington Vale Snooker League to seven points.
Julian Bond had had two tight games against Peelers' Phil Gay and perhaps Phil was unlucky not to get a frame with both players making some quality shots. Chris Bond was in superb form in the next two frames winning them easily and admitting that it was the best he had played for ages. Dave Bond tied up the 6-0 victory with wins over Lee Kerslake and Rich Powell.
Triangles dropped two frames against Clevedon Conservatives B, although Darren Lowis opened up with two comfortable wins. Mark Litson cleared from the green to the black in the next against Dave Cryer to get one back for the Conservatives before Dave got revenge by beating Mark Adams. The frames between Andy Sweet and Simon Cambridge were shared to give the leaders the win.
Clevedon Conservatives A team got a 4-2 win over the Young Ones with both Rob Brown and Alan Pople recording two wins with Oli Beesley replying with both his sides.
You may also want to watch:
Cleeve Corners came away from Backwell Lucky 13 victorious by 4-2 with Reuben Hurse playing steadily to win both his frames for the visitors.
Reigning handicap champion Dave Crees marched into the final of this year's competition with a 3-1 win over Reuben Hurse.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 6 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 7 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Breaks: Alan Pople 46, 22; Reuben Hurse 35, 22; Simon Cambridge 28; Mark Litson 25; Oli Beesley 23; Darren Lowis 22, 20; Andy Sweet 22; Dave Cryer 20.