Perfect record for relay teams
Weston Swimming Club continued their successful run in the Bristol North Open Meet.
SESSION one of the concluding day of the Bristol North Open Meet, held at Hutton Moor, saw a continuation in the success that had been witnessed by Weston Swimming Club, during the previous week.
The finals saw bronze medals being won by Rachel Anderson (50m breaststroke), Lauren Hodgkin (100m butterfly) and Toby Daniel (50m front crawl). Silver medals went to Will Daniel (100m backstroke) and Anderson (50m front crawl) and Will Daniel also won gold in the 100m butterfly.
Additional finalist included Toby Daniel (50m breaststroke), Natashe Edmondston-Low (50m breaststroke) and the B team in the 11 year girls freestyle relay, anchored with a fantastic final 50m by Alicia Pollard (PB), which nearly resulted in a bronze medal.
The highlight of this session was the four relay victories, by the 8/9 girls’ and boys and the 11 and under girls and boys. This meant that, during the two week competition, the 8/9 and 11-year-old relay teams from Weston, won eight out of eight trophies.
You may also want to watch:
This impressive display reinforces Weston’s qualification, as one of six teams, for the Junior League Southern Area final.
Session two saw a close fought race end in silver for the 12 year boy’s medley team and a dominant win (by half a length) for the 12 years girls’ medley team.
- 1 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 2 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 9 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 10 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
Fantastic final swims resulted in individual silver medals for Immy Moroney (50m butterfly) and Chloe Knight (100m breaststroke), with gold medals won by Immy Moroney (50m backstroke) and Rebecca Lucas (100m front crawl).
Additional finalist during the evening session included Millie Dadds (100m breaststroke and 100m front crawl), Jasmine Moroney (100m front crawl) and the B team in the 12 year girls’ medley relay which again came close to winning a bronze medal.
For more information regarding club swimming from LTS (email@example.com) up to national level (firstname.lastname@example.org) in Weston, please contact Tina or Rachel.
Photo of the 8/9yr and 11yr girls and boys winning relay teams.