Piper on form for Burnham
- Credit: Archant
Burnham’s Tim Piper scored half of his side’s points in a comprehensive 50-12 victory at Bude.
Bude 12 pts
Burnham 50 pts
BURNHAM travelled to Bude with only one pre-season friendly being played, but returned with a comprehensive 50-12 victory.
New players Matthew Maka, Matt Glanville, Tom Chaffey, Matt Fear and Matt Mitchell were all to make their debuts and acquitted themselves well and made impacts all over the park.
You may also want to watch:
Burnham’s first set of points came from the boot of Tim Piper with a penalty. Straight from the kick-off, Piper shot through the defence. With Rich Musket in support, he offloaded to Matt Love to touch down, converted by Piper.
After a series of rucks, Hayden Tuttiett skipped past four defenders to touch down, soon followed by another try for Love, again converted by Piper.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 5 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 6 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 7 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 8 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 9 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity
- 10 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
The try bonus point was wrapped up on the half-hour with the try of the game which came from the backs. Piper, Musket, Chaffey, Russ Pike and Love all combined for Mitchell to touch down. A try by Bude made the half-time score 29-5.
After the break, Bude hit back with a converted try. Burnham regained control and Mike Hockey set up Piper for a converted try.
Good work by Tuttiett and Piper set Kiwi through to score under the posts, Piper converted to take the score to 43-12.
As the game neared its end, Piper intercepted on his own 22 to race in and score under the posts and convert to take his tally to 25 for the day and the final score 12-50.
Brent Knoll Inn man of the match was Tim Piper.
On Saturday, Burnham welcome St Ives, kick-off at 3pm.