Piper pops up
Burnham beat Cirencester 37-30 with a late try by Tim Piper.
Burnham 1st XV 37 pts
Cirencester 30 pts
BURNHAM eventually emerged winners from a pulsating match against Cirencester.
Cirencester took the lead with a converted try and a penalty in reply to Burnham’s two penalties.
You may also want to watch:
Cirencester then scored two more tries, one converted. Burnham replied with a penalty, only for Cirencester to reciprocate to make the half-time score 9-25.
After the break, Elise Vunipola scored a try after he was driven over the line. Burnham scored a penalty try after Cirencester had two players yellow carded.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
Cirencester quickly hit back with their own execution of the catch and drive to make the score 23-30. Burnham responded with the same move as their first try, this time Tim Piper’s turn to profit and then convert to equalise at 30-30.
As the game was drawing to its conclusion, Burnham took a scrum against the head, Vunipola’s pass sent Piper away to touch down the winner.
On Saturday, Burnham are away to high-flying Chard, kick-off 3pm.
Burnham 2nd XV 89 pts
Castle Cary 0 pts
The 2nd XV ran riot against Castle Cary and were soon 39-0 up at half-time. They carried on in the same vein in the second half and ran out comfortable 89-0 winners.
Try scorers: Ollie Streeter (2), Caine Harding, Dan Spellman, Rob Lewis (4), Ben Bowkett (3), Tom Hocking (2) and Mike Whitfield.