Plate final victory for Uphill Under-17s
- Credit: Archant
Uphill Castle Under-17s comprehensively beat Cheddar in the final of the plate competition.
UPHILL Castle hosted Cheddar in what was a comprehensive win in the Under-17s plate final.
Batting first, Castle started well with openers Holyday and Chapman reaching a score of 27 off of three overs. However, Cheddar got the breakthrough when Holyday was dismissed, bringing Patch to the crease.
Both batsmen were scoring runs quickly, and Chapman hit his half century at the 12-over mark, leaving Uphill on 90-1.
From here, both batsmen started to attack. Patch supported well, and kept the in-form Chapman on strike wherever possible.
You may also want to watch:
He was smashing the ball across all corners of the ground and reached his maiden century in the 19th over, hitting 12 fours and six sixes as Uphill finished on 170-2 after 20 overs, with Chapman scoring 125 not out off only 54 balls.
Castle’s score put pressure on the Cheddar batsmen to score runs quickly and were 38 without loss after five overs, but soon wickets started to tumble after five catches were taken.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
Two wickets in two balls from Chapman left Cheddar struggling and they had to continue to attack. Spinner Matthews encouraged the batsmen to charge down the wicket, leading to two stumpings by Holyday.
Special mention to the Uphill players who all performed well across all aspects of the game, especially to Kieran Chapman with his man of the match performance scoring 125 not out and taking three wickets. Also to the Under-13s, who performed well at short notice.