Plummer returns as Seagulls sign duo
- Credit: Archant
WESTON have re-signed striker Tristan Plummer after his contract with Vanarama Conference outfit Aldershot Town was terminated.
The popular forward left the Seagulls last January to join the Shots but the former Bristol City man returned to the Woodspring Stadium yesterday (Monday).
Aldershot boss Andy Scott said “Tristan was homesick. He has a young baby and was missing the time with his children, he was struggling to stay away from them, and this move is something which suits both parties, really.”
Plummer was signed by Craig Laird but departed after scoring seven times during the first half of the 2013-14 campaign.
Interim manager Ryan Northmore said: “Tristan’s situation is something we have kept a close eye on since he left.
You may also want to watch:
“He was keen to come back and that’s all I needed to know before bringing him into the squad because he is a good player that works hard for the team.”
Meanwhile Weston have also secured the services of versatile defender Pierce Mitchell on loan for the rest of season.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 'Bright future' for Weston high street
Northmore said: “Pierce has done exceptionally well and it’s great news for us.”