Plummer returns as Seagulls sign duo
- Credit: Archant
WESTON have re-signed striker Tristan Plummer after his contract with Vanarama Conference outfit Aldershot Town was terminated.
The popular forward left the Seagulls last January to join the Shots but the former Bristol City man returned to the Woodspring Stadium yesterday (Monday).
Aldershot boss Andy Scott said “Tristan was homesick. He has a young baby and was missing the time with his children, he was struggling to stay away from them, and this move is something which suits both parties, really.”
Plummer was signed by Craig Laird but departed after scoring seven times during the first half of the 2013-14 campaign.
Interim manager Ryan Northmore said: “Tristan’s situation is something we have kept a close eye on since he left.
You may also want to watch:
“He was keen to come back and that’s all I needed to know before bringing him into the squad because he is a good player that works hard for the team.”
Meanwhile Weston have also secured the services of versatile defender Pierce Mitchell on loan for the rest of season.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
Northmore said: “Pierce has done exceptionally well and it’s great news for us.”