Poor run continues for Burnham
Burnham’s poor run of results continued with a defeat at home to Bristol Harlequins.
Burnham 8 pts
Bristol Harlequins 23 pts
BURNHAM continued their downward slide, even though for an hour or more they matched Quins in every department.
Eventually, Quins’ superior size and strength took their toll. For the first-half, Burnham had a slight edge in territory, but gave the ball away too often in potential try scoring situations, so at half time Quins led by two penalties to one.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, Burnham kept their opponents at bay for 25 minutes until conceding a penalty line-out, Quins gathered in and completed a rolling maul.
From the kick-off, Burnham gained possession only to see Quins turn the ball over, swiftly counter-attack and score out wide. Burnham however, were not denied and after successfully gaining a penalty line-out, they for once outmuscled Quins for Jordan Wikiteria to claim the try.
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 9 New leadership team for charity
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
Unfortunately Burnham were unable to maintain the momentum and in the final moments, Quins broke away to score a converted try to make the final score 8-23.
On Saturday, Burnham are playing Wells in the quarter-final of the Somerset Cup. Kick-off 2pm.