Poor run continues for Burnham
Burnham’s poor run of results continued with a defeat at home to Bristol Harlequins.
Burnham 8 pts
Bristol Harlequins 23 pts
BURNHAM continued their downward slide, even though for an hour or more they matched Quins in every department.
Eventually, Quins’ superior size and strength took their toll. For the first-half, Burnham had a slight edge in territory, but gave the ball away too often in potential try scoring situations, so at half time Quins led by two penalties to one.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, Burnham kept their opponents at bay for 25 minutes until conceding a penalty line-out, Quins gathered in and completed a rolling maul.
From the kick-off, Burnham gained possession only to see Quins turn the ball over, swiftly counter-attack and score out wide. Burnham however, were not denied and after successfully gaining a penalty line-out, they for once outmuscled Quins for Jordan Wikiteria to claim the try.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
Unfortunately Burnham were unable to maintain the momentum and in the final moments, Quins broke away to score a converted try to make the final score 8-23.
On Saturday, Burnham are playing Wells in the quarter-final of the Somerset Cup. Kick-off 2pm.