Portishead bag their first victory
Portishead Town 4 Bradford Town 1 - POSSET finally got their first league win of the season with this emphatic victory.
Portishead Town 4
Bradford Town 1
POSSET finally got their first league win of the season with this emphatic victory.
The first half belonged to the away side who should really have gone in at half time two or three goals to the good and were in not for a fine penalty save by Gareth Tucker they would certainly gone in at least a goal up.
You may also want to watch:
However manager Willis switched to an orthodox 4-4-2 for the second period and Posset's players responded brilliantly with young striker Danny Benn opening the scoring with a breathtaking 35-yard lob. This was quickly followed by a goal from Pettitt after fine link-up play from Benn and Josh White.
Bradford reduced the arrears a few minutes later and after another brilliant save from Tucker, captain Cleve Holder hit the third to give Posset some breathing space. The last goal was another fine strike from Benn after a brilliant through ball from Clarke.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
Posset face Cadbury Heath at home on Saturday at 3pm.