Portishead bag their first victory
Portishead Town 4 Bradford Town 1 - POSSET finally got their first league win of the season with this emphatic victory.
Portishead Town 4
Bradford Town 1
POSSET finally got their first league win of the season with this emphatic victory.
The first half belonged to the away side who should really have gone in at half time two or three goals to the good and were in not for a fine penalty save by Gareth Tucker they would certainly gone in at least a goal up.
You may also want to watch:
However manager Willis switched to an orthodox 4-4-2 for the second period and Posset's players responded brilliantly with young striker Danny Benn opening the scoring with a breathtaking 35-yard lob. This was quickly followed by a goal from Pettitt after fine link-up play from Benn and Josh White.
Bradford reduced the arrears a few minutes later and after another brilliant save from Tucker, captain Cleve Holder hit the third to give Posset some breathing space. The last goal was another fine strike from Benn after a brilliant through ball from Clarke.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
Posset face Cadbury Heath at home on Saturday at 3pm.