Portishead beaten at home
Portishead Town 0 Shepton Mallet 1 - POSSET failed to build on the previous week's away win when they were beaten by fellow strugglers Shepton.
Portishead Town 0
Shepton Mallet 1
POSSET failed to build on the previous week's away win when they were beaten by fellow strugglers Shepton in a scrappy encounter on a hard bouncy pitch.
Posset can only blame themselves though as they had the better of the chances and the majority of the possession.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Clarke thought he had broken the deadlock after 25 minutes when his fine effort came off the underside of the bar only to bounce back from behind the goal line, but neither of the officials were in a correct position to give a goal.
The second half brought more frustration for the home side as when a penalty appeal when turned down when Mapstone was upended in the Shepton area, instead giving a free kick on the edge of the area. Shepton got their winner when a long hopeful free kick was not dealt with by Posset's defence and Shepton's striker poked home from close range.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
Posset's frustration at their failure to score was now evident and two yellow cards and a red one were all they had to show for their efforts.