Portishead beaten at home
Portishead Town 0 Shepton Mallet 1 - POSSET failed to build on the previous week's away win when they were beaten by fellow strugglers Shepton.
Portishead Town 0
Shepton Mallet 1
POSSET failed to build on the previous week's away win when they were beaten by fellow strugglers Shepton in a scrappy encounter on a hard bouncy pitch.
Posset can only blame themselves though as they had the better of the chances and the majority of the possession.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie Clarke thought he had broken the deadlock after 25 minutes when his fine effort came off the underside of the bar only to bounce back from behind the goal line, but neither of the officials were in a correct position to give a goal.
The second half brought more frustration for the home side as when a penalty appeal when turned down when Mapstone was upended in the Shepton area, instead giving a free kick on the edge of the area. Shepton got their winner when a long hopeful free kick was not dealt with by Posset's defence and Shepton's striker poked home from close range.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
Posset's frustration at their failure to score was now evident and two yellow cards and a red one were all they had to show for their efforts.