Portishead held to a draw
Portishead 3 Oldland Abbotonians 3 - PORTISHEAD entertained second placed Oldland looking to kick-start their season after back to back defeats.
Oldland Abbotonians 3
PORTISHEAD entertained second placed Oldland looking to kick-start their season after back to back defeats.
The home side started brightly, forcing the visitors on to the back foot in the opening quarter of an hour, but the Oldland number 10 had the first real chance, getting in behind the Portishead back four only to lift his shot over the crossbar.
You may also want to watch:
After Benn had tested the visiting keeper with a stinging drive from 25 yards, Oldland broke the deadlock on the half hour when another long ball over the top was chased down by the striker and he beat Ganfield in the home goal. On the stroke of half time Oldland made it 2-0, a 30-yard effort dipping over Ganfield.
Portishead started the second half in determined fashion. An outstanding save by the Oldland keeper denied Benn, but from the ensuing corner his delivery was met by Pettitt to bring the hosts back into contention.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 3 Villagers object to 'totally inappropriate' housing proposal
- 4 More than 100 rough sleepers supported during pandemic in North Somerset
- 5 Worle opticians wins award
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Cardiff City recall James Waite from loan spell with Weston
- 8 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 9 Wrington store nominated for best in South West
- 10 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
It was all Portishead now and Hughes sent a header over the bar from six yards before Mapstone lashed a half volley just wide The equaliser came from great work by Moore and Mapstone for substitute Kelly to score with 20 minutes to go.
The home side continued to press, with Oldland restricted to infrequent attacks, but as the game went into stoppage time a hopeful clearance back into the area by the Oldland midfield saw Ganfield and the visiting striker clash and Oldland were awarded a penalty which was converted.
Straight from the restart, Portishead went up the other end and a half clearance was pounced on by Benn who equalized.