Pre-season tournament held at Uphill
Uphill Badminton Club held its pre-season men’s tournament to get ready for the new season.
UPHILL Badminton Club held their pre-season internal men’s tournament to get ready for the league campaign ahead.
An entry of eight pairs played in one box, all playing each other, with the top four points scorers progressing to semi and finals.
The pairings were created from a high/low draw and the handicaps ranged from -6 to +7.
The box games were hotly contested and many games being within a point or two, which is a credit to the handicapping team once again and no pair won all their games.
You may also want to watch:
The box winners were Robin Curry and Brian Hadley (-4) with 146 points, second were Mark Edwards and Luke Morgan (-6) 144 points, third were Matt Cole and Paul Wright (+2) 142 points and fourth place was Tom Higgins and Sam Hedges (+5) 139 points.
These four pairings made up the semi-final line up which had contrasting outcomes.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
Box winners Robin and Brian (-4) came unstuck going down 21-4 against Tom and Sam (+5).
The other semi final was a far closer affair which was close throughout before Mark and Luke (-6) ran away at the end to win 21-15 versus Matt and Paul.
In the final, Mark and Luke got off to a quick start closing the 11 points deficit quickly, Tom and Sam hit back edging ahead 17-15, before another turn saw Mark and Luke come out 21-19 winners to complete an excellent night’s badminton.
Thanks go to Robin Curry for the organising of the night.