Presentation evening for Hornets Colts
- Credit: Archant
Hornets Colts held their end-of-season presentation evening at the club and chairman Brad Spellar presented each player with a shirt and framed photo from First XV No 8 Matt Parker.
The Colts played 26, won 22 and lost four. Points for 879, points against 323. They were finalists in both the Somerset Cup and the Gloucester League.
They scored 133 tries and top try scorers were Aedan Coleman (13), Sam Bate, Jacob Hill and Jack Richardson (11 each). Top appearances was Paddy Holyday and Jordan Humphris (23).
Ian Humphris explained to the players the major awards would be handed out at the clubs annual dinner on May 27, but he was able to announce the supporters’ player as Jack Richardson.
He thanked everyone for all their efforts during the season and wished the 10 senior Colts all the best as they move on to senior rugby next season.
You may also want to watch:
Hornets Colts undertook a tour to Malta to play against the Maltese National Under-19s team.
They would like to pass on their thanks to Smurfit Kappa Weston, for sponsoring their tour.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 5 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 9 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity
The Colts had a successful and enjoyable time in Malta, beating the Maltese team 88-0.
Photo on images: Hornets Colts.