Presentation night held at Weston
- Credit: Archant
Weston Football Club held a successful and enjoyable dinner and presentation night at the clubhouse.
FOLLOWING their final league game, Weston Football Club held a successful and enjoyable dinner and presentation night at the clubhouse.
A delicious dinner was served by the club’s new caterers, Il Michelangelo, followed by a video presentation of some of the season’s highlights.
Club secretary Richard Sloane, who acted as MC, introduced guest speaker for the evening, Somerset County cricketer Pete Trego, who played in goal for the football club under manager John Relish.
Club manager and academy director Ryan Northmore made the presentations to members of the successful Under-18s squad: Players’ player: George King; most improved player: Will Seddon-Coombes; player who made the greatest contribution: Dan Jackson. The Roger Stone Memorial Cup was presented to the squad by Jerry White, the Under-18s assistant coach.
You may also want to watch:
Jake Mawford was presented with the award for being nominated man of the match most times, sponsored by Phonehouse Worle, by Richard Sloane. The distinction award was given to Jacob Cane. The players’ player award, sponsored by Howards Motor Group, was given to Dayle Grubb by club captain Tom Jordan.
The special merit award was given to assistant manager Mark McKeever. The supporters’ player of the year, sponsored by Eurocams, was presented to Luke Purnell by Malcolm Fitzgerald.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 4 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 7 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
Goal of the season, sponsored by Hayers, was presented by Clayton Fortune to Jake Mawford. The manager’s player of the year, sponsored by NK Sports, was presented by Ryan Northmore to Dayle Grubb.
Clubman of the year, presented by president Dennis Usher, was given posthumously to Brian White and accepted by his widow Eileen and daughter Rachel.
Bouquets were presented by Richard to Jackie Slocombe and Mary Fitzgerald, who raised over £9,000 from the half-time draw at home games. A bouquet was also presented to Ann Shepherd, the club’s popular bar manager.
The successful evening ended with dancing to live music by the Skinny Dippers.