President and captain win at Avenue club
THE winners of the Avenue Tennis Club’s Ron Hines Tournament were club president and acting chairperson Poo Jenkins along with men’s club captain Richard Belfield, with the trophy presented by Peter Alexander.
THE winners of the Avenue Tennis Club’s Ron Hines Tournament were club president and acting chairman Poo Jenkins along with men’s club captain Richard Belfield, with the trophy presented by Peter Alexander.
Head coach Vinny Duddy said the tournament was a great success with 24 members competing to win the trophy. He said it was great to see that the players brought along their families who played in the junior court or made use of the club’s facilities.
Vinny said that Poo and Richard played extremely well, beating off the strong pairing of trainee coach Nick Arnold and promising junior Sam Stead 10-8 in their semi-final.
In the other semi-final, ladies captain Lynn O’Dell and new member Darren Noades beat off the challenge of Pat Hunter and Steve Perry 10-5.
You may also want to watch:
The final was a good match, with both pairs playing some good solid tennis and Poo and Richard ending up with the trophy with a 10-4 win.
A new membership offer is available to all new members joining during November – five months for the price of three.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
The club will be having their Christmas lunch on December 5, all are welcome and should put their names up on the list in the clubhouse foyer.
The Avenue Tennis Club is a amily oriented organisation, whose members enjoy excellent facilities with eight floodlit courts and a large clubhouse including bar facilities.
Friday nights is family night where members and non members are encouraged to come down to either the adult coaching or club doubles match play. Junior members enjoy free organised fun tennis sessions for up to school year three from 6.30-7.30pm, school year four and upwards from 7.30-8.30pm. School year seven+ members have organised match-play from 8pm.
If you want details about membership or other coaching courses which run throughout the week, please contact head coach, Vinny Duddy on 01278 782758.