President’s team triumphs at Lympsham
- Credit: Archant
The president’s team triumphed over the chairman’s XI in the annual match at Lympsham.
LYMPSHAM Cricket Club hosted the annual president’s XI v chairman’s XI in a 30-over format, with lunch at the interval.
The president’s XI opening bowlers Dan Berry (1-21) and Stuart Bruce (1-27) reduced the chairman’s XI to 1-2 in the first two overs. The innings was rebuilt by Jack Luff (50 retired) and Liam Morris (27), before Morris was run out by the president James Counsell off his own bowling.
Dave Luff was looking dangerous before being caught in the deep and wickets fell regularly before Simon Pilgrim rolled back the years hitting a quick-fire 42 to help the chairman’s total to 176. The most successful bowlers were J Counsell (2-32) and T Gooding (2-34).
The president’s reply got off to the best possible start with Hayden Tuttiett (54 retired) and Gabriel Counsell (28) putting on 77 for the opening partnership. Tom Gooding (38) kept the reply on track, but some tight bowling from the chairman Dave Luff ( 5-3-10-1) and Pilgrim (2-20) caused the innings to stall.
You may also want to watch:
The game went to the last over with Counsell fittingly hitting the winning runs to see his team home by five wickets.
Team photo with sponsors Carbase (left) and Nuts & Bolts (back row, left to right): Craig Scriven, Jules Froud, Hayden Tuttiett, Jamie Howson, Adam Micklewright.
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 5 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 8 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 9 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity
Front: Tom Gooding, Max Gregory, Jack Luff (captain), Liam Morris, Dave Luff (vice-captain).