Press and practice date confirmed
The Somerset Rebels have confirmed the date of their season-opening press and practice day.
THE Cases Somerset Rebels have confirmed the date of their season-opening press and practice day which will take place at the Oaktree Arena on March 18.
“The plan is for the team will have a get together in the morning when they will have a ‘team bonding’ event, after which they will have a spot of lunch before heading down to the Oaktree Arena for the team and rider photographs to be taken,” explained promoter Debbie Hancock.
“We are breaking with tradition this year in that the afternoon rider introduction session, which will get underway at 4pm, with the doors opening at 3.45pm, and will be open to all fans to attend rather than it being restricted to just the media, team sponsors and season ticket holders.
“The buffet, which will be served after the conclusion of the rider introductions, will only be available to those people who have been specifically invited to the event.
You may also want to watch:
“The riders will then take to the track from 7pm onwards for the evening practice session, which is also open to all fans to attend.”
“As in keeping with previous years, while entry to the evening track session is free of charge, we would like any fans attending to make a donation to the National Autistic Society, who will continue to be our charity partners in 2015, with members of the NAS being present on the day at the entrance with their collection buckets.”
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 6 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 7 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 New leadership team for charity