Prestigious award for ski club
Avon Ski Club, based at Avon Ski Centre in Sandford, were worthy runners-up in the club of the year category at the recent Snowsport England Awards ceremony at the NEC.
AVON Ski Club, based at Avon Ski Centre in Sandford, were worthy runners-up in the club of the year category at the recent Snowsport England Awards ceremony at the NEC.
The awards were presented by Paralympics gold medal winning rower Dave Smith, and Tim Fawke the CEO of Snowsport England.
The club were represented by two of their young racers Sebastian Comelio and Lauren Black and by members of the club committee.
This is the second year that ASC has been honoured at the awards, Peter Kennell winning young volunteer of the year last year.
You may also want to watch:
For a small club to be recognised this way reflects all the hard work put in by the committee and the parents.
The club was recognised for promoting skiing to the younger ages, and arranging affordable training trips to Bulgaria and indoor in Holland, as well as being the largest supporter of local schools during the South West Schools Championship.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
There have been improvements in the running of the club and at the training sessions on a Tuesday and Thursday night, numbers have increased and the club are now starting the process to acquire Snowmark, the snowsport’s equivalent of Clubmark.
Next year, the club are keen to reinforce their relationship with Mendip Outdoor Pursuits, the new company running the ski centre, and would like to work with any local primary or secondary schools who would be interested in running their own ski club/race team.
Any teachers or parents interested please contact email@example.com and have a look at the website www.Avonskiclub.co.uk Alternatively, please phone club chairman Fraser Black on 07721 594676 for more information.