PREVIEW: Welling United v Weston-super-Mare
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare travel to Welling United in the National League South tomorrow (Saturday) hoping to make it a hat trick of wins in their opening games.
After an opening day victory at The Woodspring Stadium against Whitehawk, Ryan Northmore’s men then sealed an impressive 2-1 win over Bath City at Twerton.But now they face a fresh challenge against newly-relegated Welling United.
The Wings finished bottom of the National League last season and succumbed to another defeat on the opening day.
They lost 2-1 to Oxford City but sealed their first win of the season just three days later.
Welling played host to Bishop’s Stortford at Park View Road on Tuesday night and were this time on the winning side of a 2-1 score line.
Earlier today (Friday) it was confirmed former Bristol Rovers striker Eliot Richards had finally received international clearance from the United States to play.
But Northmore will have a tough choice to make to change a winning team and thanks to the Seagulls’ positive results it is likely Richards will start on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
Striker Shawn McCoulsky - who is on loan from Sky Bet Championship side Bristol City - will be hoping to add to his impressive tally of three goals in two games and could be the one to watch in this match.
Kick off is at 3pm at Park View Road in Welling.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
For a full report of Saturday’s match, pick up a copy of Thursday’s Mercury.