Priory capture North Somerset title
- Credit: Archant
Priory Community School defeated Backwell in a penalty shoot-out to win the North Somerset schools’ football tournament.
NORTH Somerset School football tournaments got underway with Weston College running the event at Hutton Moor.
Weston College Sport Academy has formed a strong relationship with the schools in North Somerset to take ownership of their events in various sports.
The year 10 tournament was played in great spirit, with the final coming down to a penalty shoot-out between Priory Community School and Backwell, which Priory won.
The year 9 tournament also took place at Hutton Moor, with eight schools competing in the competition. The winners on the day were Gordano School after beating Nailsea in the final after a superb overhead kick by Harry Ford.
You may also want to watch:
Captain of the year 10 winners Cory Thomas was presented with the trophy by Mayor Mrs Roz Willis, who also presented the year 9 cup to Gordano captain Morgan Davies.
Event organiser and lecturer at the college, Liam James, said: “The tournaments have been a huge success and running them has given us a great opportunity to build relationships between the schools, staff and students.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks
- 10 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
“We have been very impressed with the standard at both of the tournaments and we hope to see the students at our outstanding College in the near future.”