Programme aimed at new runners
- Credit: Archant
Weston Athletic Club is offering a 10-week programme aimed at anyone who wants to take up running.
NEXT month sees the return of a popular training programme aimed at anyone who wants to take up, or return to, running.
Weston Athletic Club is offering a 10-week tailored programme which aims to ensure all participants can take part in a 10k race, or run that distance, by the end of June.
The club has decided to offer the programme again after the success of the sessions it ran last autumn to help new runners prepare for the Christmas Cracker 10k.
The programme saw 42 men and women complete the course, most of whom then decided to run in the race. Some were people who had run before, but most were new to running.
You may also want to watch:
Jim Wotton, of Weston Athletic Club, who co-ordinates the sessions said: “We are really keen to give more people the opportunity to get into running, and the spring is a great time of year to get started as the days lengthen and the weather warms-up.
“The programme will run on Monday evenings for 10 weeks from March 30 and will be tailored to people who’ve either never run before, are lapsed runners, or would like to increase their distance to be able to run 10k.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
“As well as preparing people physically, we’ll also give people advice on pre-race nutrition, hydration and what kit to wear when running.”
The programme begins on March 30 at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre in Weston, meeting at 6.45pm for a 7pm start. Each session will cost £3 or people can pay £25 for the 10-week course.
The course leaders and coaches will give their time freely, and all of the proceeds will go to Weston Hospicecare, which is the club’s main charity again this year.
Anyone wanting to sign-up or find out more about the programme, should contact Jim Wotton by email at email@example.com or by phone on 01934 814208.