Purnell signs Weston FC deal
- Credit: Archant
WESTON Football Club has announced goalkeeper Luke Purnell will be staying next season.
The stopper, who has represented the England C team this year, has agreed a one-year deal with the Seagulls.
He said: “After a tough season for me personally signing a new contract early is brilliant.
“The club has both the ambition and potential to move forward and it’s something that when asked to be a part of it for at least another year was a no brainer.”
Interim manager Ryan Northmore added; “We are really pleased Luke has agreed to another season with us. He is a top keeper and an important influence in the dressing room.
You may also want to watch:
“He has enjoyed this season and it has shown in his performances. We hope to add more names to the retained list in the coming weeks.”
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 8 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 9 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 10 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory