Purnell signs Weston FC deal
- Credit: Archant
WESTON Football Club has announced goalkeeper Luke Purnell will be staying next season.
The stopper, who has represented the England C team this year, has agreed a one-year deal with the Seagulls.
He said: “After a tough season for me personally signing a new contract early is brilliant.
“The club has both the ambition and potential to move forward and it’s something that when asked to be a part of it for at least another year was a no brainer.”
Interim manager Ryan Northmore added; “We are really pleased Luke has agreed to another season with us. He is a top keeper and an important influence in the dressing room.
You may also want to watch:
“He has enjoyed this season and it has shown in his performances. We hope to add more names to the retained list in the coming weeks.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life