Pythons overcome the Flamingos
Totterdown Flamingos lost 6-3 to C & C Pythons, despite only having two players.
DESPITE Totterdown Flamingos being at a disadvantage against C & C Pythons by only having two players, they played well making the most of their higher handicaps.
Phil Harris (11) had two wins, overcoming Pythons’ Kiem Mu (4) and Andy Greed (-1), just losing 19 and 18 to Mike Harris (0). Trevor Williams (14) beat Greed in three, as Pythons won 6-3.
In Group A of the Archdale Cup, Veterans A improved their group position with a 9-0 match win over Winsc Warriors. Despite the scoreline, there were close games with long rallies.
In Group B, it was a narrow 5-4 victory for Winsc Renegades against Vets C. Paul Hayward (-3) with all three beat Vets’ Gary Evry (10) and Len Noble (11) in two and Mark Treasure (11) in three.
You may also want to watch:
The deciding game went to Renegades’ Trevor Jones (4) when he beat Treasure. Phil Yates (9) was unlucky after three close matches to come away without a point.
There was a better result for Vets C after another close contest against C & C Banwell, with honours spread evenly between the teams. Alex Chandler (13) and Jack Brent (11) delivered two each for Banwell, Chandler beat John Barcham and Gary Evry both 10, while Brent’s victories were against Barcham and Len Noble (11). Harry Skidmore (14) nearly beat Noble, losing 20, 19 and 20. Vets go through 5-4.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
In Division 2, top team Vets C collected a useful 27-6 win against Winsc Warriors. John Barcham scored a clear nine points while Gary Evry, also with nine, lost one leg to Warriors’ Dave Parker.
Len Noble beat Peter Joiner and Cath Smith. Barcham and Evry’s doubles were the stronger, beating Parker and Smith in 4, 4 and 2.
C & C Banwell B’s young team played well against the experienced Winsc Warriors. Mike Skidmore beat Dave Parker and pushed Anne Baker to five games. George Chabbert was unlucky not to take a point after some close games. Baker was taken to four games against Max Bretherton. Warriors won 28-6.