Pythons too strong for stablemates
Cleeve & Claverham Pythons won the Archdale Cup, overpowering stablemates Vipers in the final.
AFTER months of competition, the final of the Weston & District Table Tennis League Archdale Cup took place.
Cleeve and Claverham held the event as both of their own teams battled it out for the title.
As you might expect from two of the strongest teams in the league, C&C Pythons and Vipers served up an absolute feast. The players from both teams put in spirited, competitive and sporting display.
The Pythons represented by Andy Elliott, Kiem Mu and Andy Greed came out worthy winners against the Vipers (Bill Atkinson, Beth Atkinson and Robin Woodward by five games to one.
You may also want to watch:
The father/daughter combination of Bill and Beth Atkinson came close with their efforts against Andy Elliott and Andy Greed, but were just defeated.
Thanks go to all the teams who took part in this year’s competition and congratulations to the winners - Cleeve and Claverham Vipers.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 7 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences