Pythons too strong for stablemates
Cleeve & Claverham Pythons won the Archdale Cup, overpowering stablemates Vipers in the final.
AFTER months of competition, the final of the Weston & District Table Tennis League Archdale Cup took place.
Cleeve and Claverham held the event as both of their own teams battled it out for the title.
As you might expect from two of the strongest teams in the league, C&C Pythons and Vipers served up an absolute feast. The players from both teams put in spirited, competitive and sporting display.
The Pythons represented by Andy Elliott, Kiem Mu and Andy Greed came out worthy winners against the Vipers (Bill Atkinson, Beth Atkinson and Robin Woodward by five games to one.
You may also want to watch:
The father/daughter combination of Bill and Beth Atkinson came close with their efforts against Andy Elliott and Andy Greed, but were just defeated.
Thanks go to all the teams who took part in this year’s competition and congratulations to the winners - Cleeve and Claverham Vipers.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront