Queen’s Award for water sports enthusiasts
FOUR dedicated water sports enthusiasts from North Somerset have seen their devotion rewarded with the presentation of top awards.
Three members of Weston Swimming Club and one from Clevedon Swimming Club were among the management team of Somerset Amateur Swimming Association who received the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Services.
Weston’s winners were Peter Gonsalves, current present of Somerset ASA, water polo secretary and coach Mike Coles, and county swimming team manager Laura Griffiths.
County volunteer co-ordinator Fiona Bowen was the Clevedon recipient.
Former Weston Swimming Club member Brian Bewley was also among the recipients.
You may also want to watch:
Each winner was presented with a glass engraved copy of the main award by Lord Lieutenant of Somerset, Lady Gass.
- 1 New leadership team for charity
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait