Quick too slow
Weston Squash Club D team celebrated its first victory of the season.
WESTON Squash and Racketball D team celebrated their first victory of the season, defeating David Lloyd D team by 13-10.
The team got off to a good start with David Lloyd short of a player, so three points were immediately rewarded. The evening then did not go so well with No 1 Richard Middleton losing out 0-3 against Dave Bassett and Graham Quick losing 0-3 against 14-year-old Jamie Bassett, who showed youthful speed that Quick could not keep up with.
Joe Radcliffe played well again this week having a close 3-2 win against Barry Garfitt, leaving the decider game for the match relying on Caroline Taylor.
Caroline took the first two games comfortably, 9-2, 9-3, but allowed herself to get distracted and lost the next two games 5-9, 3-9.
You may also want to watch:
The final decider game could not be closer, with Taylor eventually winning 10-9 in the fifth game.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 5 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 6 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people