Rachel selected to attend national swimming camp
- Credit: Archant
Weston Swimming Club member Rachel Anderson has been selected by British Swimming to attend a national camp at the Aberdeen Sports Village.
Weston-born swimmer Rachel Anderson has been selected by British Swimming to attend a national camp at the Aberdeen Sports Village.
Rachel is one of just five 14-year-olds selected amongst the top 40 14 to 17-year-old females in England, Scotland and Wales, and one of just three (of all ages) selected from the South West Region.
Rachel’s selection comes on the back of another medal-laden season, her first as part of the elite Millfield swim squad, boasting Olympic relay medallist James Guy in its ranks.
Having picked up three medals at the 2015 British Summer Championships as part of the Weston team, she returned to Sheffield in December to pick up another national medal at the ASA Winter Short Course Meet.
You may also want to watch:
She also became one of the youngest qualifiers for Olympic trials in Glasgow in April, competed for GB in Italy in May, landed eight gold medals and the top swimmer award at the South West Regional Championships, then added another four national medals at this year’s British Summer Championships.
Before flying north for the national camp, Rachel will represent England South at the forthcoming School Games.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
Swimmers at Rachel’s first club, Weston, are back in training and preparing for the Bristol North and Somerset ASA Development meets, soon to be followed by round one of the National Arena Swimming League.
October’s first round in Newport sees the club go head-to-head against City of Cardiff, Swansea Aquatics, Exeter City, Keynsham, as well as the newly-promoted United Bristol A team.
If you are interested in joining North Somerset’s premier swimming club, please contact Weston head coach Rachel Aldington – firstname.lastname@example.org – or for learn to swim, contact Charlotte Bradley at email@example.com