Racing star Burns gears up for new season
- Credit: Archant
Weston racing driver Will Burns has been busy testing his new car, in preparation for a third season in the GT4 SuperCup.
Burns, aged 25, has already announced a switch to top sportscar squad Douglas Motorsport and is targeting a title tilt this season.
He will take to the Brands Hatch Indy car circuit, which opens in Kent this weekend in a campaign that will be screened on ITV4, in support of the popular British Touring Car Championship.
Burns, whose new team is run by eponymous team head Wayne Douglas, is embarking on a full challenge over the eight race weekends.
And having finished in a respectable fifth place last season, Burns’ eyes are firmly on the prize.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I’m really settling in well with the whole Douglas team and have been impressed with the professionalism – it feels like I’ve been with them a lot longer.
“I’ve been learning new aspects of the car, primarily the new, harder, Michelin tyres.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs
“They’re something to get used to, so testing is all about getting your head around how to use and manage them best throughout a weekend.
“I’m feeling ready and prepared for the year ahead and to regularly challenge at the front of the pack. I’m excited for what this year could bring.”