Raddys edge out Yeovil in narrow win
Raddys leave it late to defeat Yeovil in the Somerset Darts Super League.
RADDY’S entertained high-flying Yeovil, looking to continue their good form in the Somerset Darts Super League.
The match began well for the custodians as Mike Cannon produced a super display hitting a 15 darter, a 180 and a 23.55 avg. Yeovil took the next two before John Anderson levelled with a 3-0 win.
Adam McNally edged the Weston team ahead with a comfy 3-0 victory, but the visitors took the next two before Dave Sheppard replied for Raddy’s, notching a 16 darter in his 3-2 triumph.
Mike Harding put his charges 5-4 up taking out 74 and 80 checkouts on the way. But the next three rubbers went with Yeovil to give them a 26-20 leg lead. With a maximum 18 legs to play for Raddy’s knew they had a mountain to climb against a strong Yeovil line up.
You may also want to watch:
The pairings of Carl Evans and Paul Griffiths, John Anderson and Paul Smith and Mike Harding and Terry Hayes all won 3-0. With the visitors also winning two sets 3-1 and 3-2, the match was poised at 32-32 with the final pairs to come.
Yeovil took the first leg and needed tops to go 2-0, Raddy’s were stranded on 134. Up stepped Chris Thomas under immense pressure and when the final dart went in the home support went into raptures.
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 4 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 7 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
With the momentum now with them, Thomas and John Burton closed it out 3-1 for one of the most memorable darts nights at Raddy’s, and give the Weston team a 35-33 victory.
Captain Harding said: “Every Raddy’s player played their part in a fantastic win, I am lost for words”. Man of the Match was Taffy Cannon.