Rain-affected draw for Belvedere
Belvedere picked up 25 points in a rain-affected draw at Wells.
BELVEDERE travelled to Wells for their latest Somerset League Division 2 fixture, still looking for their first win of the season.
The home side were asked to bat in helpful bowling conditions which Belvedere failed to capitalise on as Wells made a free scoring start, adding 125 for the first wicket until Neil Chadwick accounted for Smart, well held by Jack Neville.
Runs continued to flow before an hour break for rain reduced the match by 11 overs. Wells ended their innings on 223-4 with wickets claimed by Chadwick (3-56) and Nilanjan Chatterjee (1-56).
Belvedere, with 41 overs to reach their target, soon lost skipper Kevin Crockett, but opening partner Sam Mccrea was in superb form, finding the boundaries with ease.
You may also want to watch:
He and Bradley Ashfield kept the scoreboard ticking along healthily as Eurocams man of the match Mccrea reached his half century with a six, eventually falling for an outstanding 74, including 12 fours and two sixes.
Ashfield reached his maiden first half-century in similar fashion to Mccrea, but fell shortly after for a fine 52 and the visitors on 158-4. Brian Hosey (28) and Nathan Hancock (17) attempted to keep the momentum going, before the innings ended on 199-8 in a rain-affected draw, seeing Belvedere collect 25 points and Wells 30.
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal