Rally in the park
Final preparations are now well in hand for the South West’s annual premier stage rally, the K&R Mitsubishi Stages Rally held at Brean Leisure Park.
FINAL preparations are now well in hand for the South West’s annual premier stage rally, the K&R Mitsubishi Stages Rally held at Brean Leisure Park over the weekend of January 28-29.
This will be the 16th consecutive year for the rally at Brean and it promises to be as exciting as ever. Promoted by Club Rallysport West, the event will be the opening round of the Association of South Western Motor Clubs and the Cotswold Motor Sport Group Rally Championships.
The rally is held entirely within the confines of the Brean Leisure Park and 85 rally cars will tackle the 12 special stages over two days. Among the entries will be drivers out to defend their 2011 championship titles.
The rally will contain a range of cars, from the ever popular Ford Escorts, Vauxhall Novas, Corsas, and Peugeots, through to the more exotic, state-of-the-art World Rally cars, such as the Ford Fiesta and Focus, Subaru Impreza and Mitsubishi Evos.
You may also want to watch:
The organisers have again ensured that spectators are well looked after with covered seated grandstand and heated snacks available in the spectator areas.
Spectators will be admitted to the park over both days for an admission charge of just �5 (accompanied children under 12 will be admitted free) and car parking will be �5.
- 1 CNM Estates purchase Birnbeck Pier with new company
- 2 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 3 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 7 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 8 Thatchers search online for cidermakers
- 9 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
The rally will be supporting two organisations, Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance and specialist motor sport rescue unit, West Country Rescue.
One of the supporting attractions over the weekend will be a display stand representing the Dorchester-based Clay Pigeon Kart Club who will be displaying a whole range of karts, from junior through to senior formulas. Experts will be on hand to advise on all aspects of the sport.
You can keep up to date with all the rally news by visiting the website www.crswrallies.co.uk