Rangers fall short in eight-goal thriller
Worle Rangers fell short in an eight-goal thriller with Weston Players.
Weston Players 5
Worle Rangers 3
RANGERS were unfortunate not to take anything away from this top of the table clash at Weston Players.
Rangers made a great start as Westgarth picked out Williams with a cross-field ball and Worle’s forward finished well. The home side got back on level terms after a penalty was awarded for hand ball.
You may also want to watch:
Good play by Quick and Brinson put Rangers back in front, but Players scored two goals before the break to lead 3-2.
Worle substitutes made an instant hit as Chatterley set up Wilde to finish neatly from close range. Players broke forward and scored a fourth goal against the run of the play and as Rangers threw bodies forward, the home side took advantage and scored a fifth to finish the game.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
Skipper Wilson was excellent against an attack-minded home side and Willment was always a threat. However, Dean Bray edged the Curry Garden man of the match.
Knockout Cup final: Berrow Res 3, Hutton 1 (aet).
Davis Shield final: Winscombe A 3, St George (E-i-G) A 0.
Division 2: Churchill Club 70 Res 2, Berrow Res 4.
Division 3: Westland Utd res 1, Westend 1.
Division 4: Weston Super Seagulls 5, AFC Nailsea 4.
Division 5: Weston Players 5, Worle Rangers 3; Banwell Res 3, Portishead Town Colts 3.
Thursday - Mavis Tate Cup final: Bridgwater Sunday League v Weston & District League (S Cox).
Division 4: Winscombe A v Cleeve West Town A (J Jarad). Division 5: Banwell Res v St George (E-i-G) A (S Yianni).
Saturday – Division 1: Nailsea Town Res v Hutton (M Smith); Winscombe Res v Clevedon Utd Res (C Simmons).
Division 4: Weston Super Seagulls v Sporting Weston (C Ham). Division 6: Pill Utd v Draycott Res (J Bolland).
Tuesday – Keyes Cup final at Cheddar FC (7.30pm): Dolphin Ath v Wrington-Redhill Res (B Carter).
Division 1: East Worle v Nailsea Utd A (R Connolly). Division 4: Worle Res v Winscombe A (T Ganfield).