Worle Rangers lost their final match of the season at Wrington-Redhill.
Wrington Redhill Res 5
Worle Rangers 1
RANGERS took the unorthodox selection method of picking positions on the turn of a playing card for their last game of the season, with Stephens starting in goal and Royce up front.
In difficult conditions, Rangers tried to get the ball down and utilise the wings through Brown and Chatterley, but chances were hard to come by. Williams was Rangers’ saviour on a number of occasions at the back and Wilson held the ball up well with admirable support from Royce.
You may also want to watch:
Wrington took the lead just before the break with a header which took a deflection off left back Willment.
Rangers made changes with disastrous consequences at the break, with Quick replacing Stephens in goal. Royce and Wilson returned to defensive roles, with Mickey Ayers and Westgarth trying to spread the ball where possible.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 8 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 9 Brain tumour survivor Lyra, aged 7, aims to top charts with Christmas charity single
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
More Wrington goals followed in the second half, but Rangers scored through Stephens, after good work by Clark and Williams.
Skipper for the day Tom Williams and Dean Bray were pipped to the Curry Garden man of the match by Jamie Stephens.
Division 1: Clevedon Utd Res 6, Hutton 5; Nailsea Town Res 3, Hutton 3; Winscombe Res 4, Clevedon Utd Res 2.
Division 2: Berrow Res 4, Axbridge Town 4.
Division 4: Winscombe A 6, Cleeve West Town A 1; Weston Super Seagulls 0, Sporting Weston 1.
Division 5: Wrington-Redhill Res 5, Worle Rangers 1.
Division 6: Pill Utd 7, Draycott Res 4.
Thursday - Vardon Cup final at Weston St Johns (6.30pm): King Alfred SC v Sporting Weston (R Connolly).
Saturday – Division 1: Nailsea Town Res v Clevedon Utd Res (T Nicholls).
Monday – Mavis Tate cup final at Cheddar (7.30pm): Bridgwater Sunday League v Weston & District League (S Cox).
Tuesday – Page Shield final at Congresbury (6.30pm): Pill Utd v Shipham Res (A Tremlett).