WESTON’S 32-15 victory over Old Patesians on October 15 was only the third time that they had been successful at Everest Road since their very first visit there in January 2003.
In that match, the Seasiders found themselves 17 points adrift after only 30 minutes and by the same margin at the interval, at which juncture the hosts were leading by 27-10.
But the second half was a different story. Playing down the slope they accumulated 31 unanswered points to win by 41-27.
Aided by an outstanding performance by full-back Goran Vucicevic, they scored tries by wing Antony Malessa (2), hooker David Bird and lock Andrew Richards.
Neil Coleman added four more conversions, having majorised centre TJ Madamombe’s try in the first period. The scrum-half also kicked a penalty in each half for a personal total of 16 points.
You may also want to watch:
The Weston team on that day was: Goran Vucicevic, Antony Malessa, TJ Madamombe, Sean Bennett, Alec Hughes, Iestyn Williams, Neil Coleman, Quentin Webster, David Bird (c), Mark Matthews, Jonathan Pitt, Andrew Richards, Andrew Glen, Gavin Simpson, Nigel Smith. Reps: David Swann, Ashley Russell, James Reid, Duncan Woodcock.
? WESTON’S veteran hooker Grahame Hill has recently notched up his 600th club appearance.
- 1 Gates to be replaced as work continues to reopen Marine Lake
- 2 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 3 Disruption to school transport due to driver shortage
- 4 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 5 Council issues advice after collapse of energy companies
- 6 North Somerset runners get ready for London Marathon
- 7 Procession held at beach memorial to give thanks to NHS
- 8 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 9 Go Again complete sponsored walk from Ashton Gate to Optima
- 10 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
Weston born Hill (48), educated at Broadoak School, started his rugby career in the club’s Under-17 squad and eventually made his first team debut as a replacement at Plymouth Albion in January 1989. His first full appearance followed in November against Reading at the Recreation Ground.
He has now played in 77 1st XV matches, together with 227 for the United and 296 for the Athletic.