Rebels duo reach the semi-finals
The Somerset Cases Rebels pairing of James Wright and Jason Doyle reached the semi-finals of the Premier League pairs’ tournament held at the Oaktree Arena.
THE Somerset Cases Rebels pairing of James Wright and Jason Doyle reached the semi-finals of the Premier League pairs’ tournament held at the Oaktree Arena.
They battled their way through to the semi-finals by finishing second to Scunthorpe in their group.
Doyle recorded two wins, a second and third place to score 13 points, while Wright added seven points from a first and second in his four rides, giving Somerset 20 points, five behind group winners Scunthorpe.
They beat Edinburgh to second spot by one point and were well ahead of Glasgow (14) and Sheffield (12), the other two teams in their group.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately for the Somerset pair, they were beaten by eventual winners Workington in the semi-final. Rene Bach beat Doyle to first place, while Adam Roynon held on to the crucial third spot, despite Wright’s best efforts.
In the final, Workington were comprehensive winners, with Bach and Roynon heading home Scunthorpe’s Thomas Jorgensen after Josh Auty had been excluded following a fall.
- 1 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 8 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Children as young as 11 being targeted by sexual predators, police warn