Rebels in local charity patronage
The Somerset Rebels have accepted an invitation to become patrons of a locally-based charity.
THE Cases Somerset Rebels are delighted to announce they have accepted an invitation to become patrons of the locally-based Santa’s On A Bike charity, which raises money for the Children’s Hospice Southwest.
Founder Paul Wren explains: “Santa’s On A Bike has been in existence for more than 10 years and raises money and gifts for children’s charities with a motorcycle ride on the first Saturday in December.
“This year we are planning our first summer event on June 21 to Children’s Hospice at Little Bridge House in Barnstaple. Further details of which can be found either on website, www.santasonabike.org.uk or on Facebook at Summer Santa Run.
“To help get the group to grow we decided to look for a Patron, not just a name on the top of our headed note paper but someone who could help us raise money and our profile.”
You may also want to watch:
Somerset promoter Debbie Hancock said: “We were delighted and honoured to be asked by Paul to be the charity’s patron and readily accepted. We will be looking at ways we can help the charity and will use our home meeting on June 19 against Workington as a pre-cursor to the charity’s inaugural Summer Santa Run.”
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 8 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences