Rebels keep slim qualifying hopes alive
- Credit: Archant
The Somerset Rebels kept their slim hopes of qualifying for the League Cup with a comprehensive 62-28 victory over Rye House Rockets.
THE Case’s Somerset Rebels crushed the Rye House Rockets 62-28 at the Oaktree Arena.
The level of their superiority can be measured by the fact that they had only one last place all night, and that was in the first race of the evening.
Every Rebels rider had contributed solid points to the cause, none more so that Brady Kurtz, who returned a fantastic 13+1 to top score. Skipper Ollie Allen recoded a creditable 11 in a fine captain’s performance.
Pontus Aspgren gave another superb performance, with 10+2, cementing his place as growing fan’s favourite. Josh Grajczonek returned to his old stamping ground with a great 10-point haul.
You may also want to watch:
Both reserves had again showed their value to the side, with Charles Wright winning the rider of the night award from sponsors TQ Exel for his rides preventing the Rockets from cashing in on their tactical moves.
The 34-point margin has opened up the mathematical possibility that the Rebels could still qualify for the semi-finals of the League Cup competition, but they will also have to rely on other results.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 3 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 4 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 10 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies