Rebels moved up to second place
- Credit: Archant
Somerset Rebels raced to a 57-34 victory over Berwick to take second place in the Premier League.
THE Somerset duo of Jason Doyle and Josh Grajczonek both scored maximums as the Rebels raced to a 57-34 victory over Berwick to secure second place in the Premier League.
There was also an inspired home debut by Charles Wright, who scored a paid 13 for his new club as they closed to within a point of Ipswich at the top.
Overall, it was another fine all-round performance by the Rebels, with four riders returning double figures – Doyle (15), Grajczonek (13+2), Alex Davies (12) and 10+3 from Wright.
Tomorrow night (Fri), the Rebels host current league leaders the Ipswich Witches at the Oaktree Arena.
You may also want to watch:
The dates have been arranged for Somerset’s knockout cup semi-final replay against Edinburgh. The first leg will be at home on September 18, with the decider taking place at Edinburgh on September 20.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 3 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 4 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 5 Tributes pour in for ‘dedicated family man’ who died in mountain fall
- 6 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 7 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 8 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 9 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
- 10 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand