Rebels open the new season
The Cases Somerset Rebels launch their 2013 season tomorrow evening (Fri) with their press and practice day.
THE Cases Somerset Rebels launch their 2013 season tomorrow evening (Fri) with their press and practice day.
With the afternoon session of the day restricted to members of the media, sponsors, season ticket holders and specially invited guests, the gates will be open to fans at 5pm for the evening practice session.
Rebels promoter Debbie Hancock said: “I am sure the fans are as eager for the season to start as the promotion and management team here at the Oaktree Arena are.
“We had a great year in 2012, winning the League Cup and narrowly missing out by a single race point on winning the Premier League Championship, so the class of 2013 has a tough act to follow.”
You may also want to watch:
Following Friday’s event, the Rebels competitive action commences on Good Friday (March 29) with a challenge match against local West Country rivals, the Plymouth Devils, the turnstiles opening at 5.30pm with the action getting underway at 7.30pm.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism