Rebels open the new season
The Cases Somerset Rebels launch their 2013 season tomorrow evening (Fri) with their press and practice day.
THE Cases Somerset Rebels launch their 2013 season tomorrow evening (Fri) with their press and practice day.
With the afternoon session of the day restricted to members of the media, sponsors, season ticket holders and specially invited guests, the gates will be open to fans at 5pm for the evening practice session.
Rebels promoter Debbie Hancock said: “I am sure the fans are as eager for the season to start as the promotion and management team here at the Oaktree Arena are.
“We had a great year in 2012, winning the League Cup and narrowly missing out by a single race point on winning the Premier League Championship, so the class of 2013 has a tough act to follow.”
You may also want to watch:
Following Friday’s event, the Rebels competitive action commences on Good Friday (March 29) with a challenge match against local West Country rivals, the Plymouth Devils, the turnstiles opening at 5.30pm with the action getting underway at 7.30pm.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course