Rebels storm home against Redcar
- Credit: Archant
The Somerset Rebels registered a comfortable 55-38 victory over the Redcar Bears.
THE Cases Somerset Rebels recovered from the double defeat to Plymouth last week to defeat Redcar 55-38 at the Oaktree Arena.
Somerset were only leading by five points after heat 12, thanks to an 8-1 for the Bears, but the home side stretched their lead with 5-1s in each of the last three races as Brady Kurtz struck a 15-point maximum.
Kurtz was well backed up by Josh Grajczonek (11+2) and Paul Stark (9+1) as they consolidated fourth place.
The main meeting was followed by a six-heat challenge match featuring the Exeter Falcons and the Buxton Hitmen, which saw the Falcons prevail 20-16.
You may also want to watch:
The Rebels have announced their Premier League match at home to Ipswich, which recently suffered an early postponement, has been re-arranged for Tuesday.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 5 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 6 Community shop seeks new manager
- 7 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 8 Schools advised not to use mass testing as an alternative to isolation
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats